Blogs in this series

Life in Culebrón is a very British view of life in a small village in Alicante province, my experience of Spain, of Spaniards and sometimes of the other Britons who live nearby. The tabs beneath the header photo link to other blogs written whilst I was living in other parts of Spain, to my articles written for the now defunct TIM magazine and to my most recent photo albums.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Smashing up the house: Part II


I got the silicone so I could fasten the glass in. Unfortunately I stood on the piece of glass and smashed it. I sorted it in the end though.

I sorted the doors too. Two hours of filing, which seems to have damaged my hand quite badly so that I now have no grip and reduced sensation in three fingers, finally removed enough metal for the door to close. I couldn't face filing down the second door and I removed the tape. Then I had a brainwave and put the tape on the other face of the doorpost. It worked fine. What a lot of time I wasted.

No comments: