Blogs in this series

Life in Culebrón is a very British view of life in a small village in Alicante province, my experience of Spain, of Spaniards and sometimes of the other Britons who live nearby. The tabs beneath the header photo link to other blogs written whilst I was living in other parts of Spain, to my articles written for the now defunct TIM magazine and to my most recent photo albums.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Getting it straight

The place I work wants to try and get a no parking order outside the building. I was despatched to find out if this was possible.

I walked to the Town Hall and asked the receptionist who I should talk to about yellow lines and parking restrictions. The Local Police.

I walked to the Local Police station. I explained what I wanted to the police officer in the reception area. Not very likely he said. He sent me to talk to his boss. I explained what I wanted. Might be possible he said. Go to the Town Hall for the form.

I walked to the Town Hall and got the form. It has a bit for personal details and then two biggish boxes to explain what the problem is and what you would like the Town Hall to do.

I took it back to work, filled it in and then walked back to the Town Hall where I handed it in. They stamped the form and gave me a copy. How long will we have to wait for a decision I asked. That's up to the Mayor they said.

Interesting process.

No comments: