Blogs in this series

Life in Culebrón is a very British view of life in a small village in Alicante province, my experience of Spain, of Spaniards and sometimes of the other Britons who live nearby. The tabs beneath the header photo link to other blogs written whilst I was living in other parts of Spain, to my articles written for the now defunct TIM magazine and to my most recent photo albums.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Aaarghhhh!!

Do you remember Jonathan Richman? At one time it was him and the Modern Lovers - Roadrunner was a hit I think and something like Egyptian Reggae too.

I saw a piece in the paper to say he was doing a tour in Spain: in fact he is on at a place called El Garaje de la Tia Maria next Saturday in Murcia which is only about an hour away. That much I got from the paper.

Today I did a quick Internet search to find the phone number for the club so I could get a couple of tickets. Plenty of listings information but no phone number. So I rang directory enquiries - no such place listed (mind you directories have still failed to give me a single number in the two years I've lived here so that was no big surprise). I tried again on the Internet. Nothing. I tried contacting Jonathan's record company for help but the email bounced back. I tried to send an email to the Murcian Tourist Offie but their website appears to be down.

I think Spain still has a fair way to go on this Information Society thing!

No comments: