Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Does the King have it in for me?

The Spanish King is Juan Carlos I. I thought he semed like a decent enough chap but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

All laws passed in Spain are published as Royal Decrees. You may remember that, when I asked my bank why they had overcharged me, they replied that they couldn't tell me because Royal Decree such and such stopped them sending an answer without me first proving that I was, in fact, me.

I've been turned down a couple of times when I have tried to give blood beause I come from a country with Mad Cow disease. Feeling this was a little unjust I have written a couple of emails to people asking for a little more explanation. Nobody has ever repiled. But I heard about a group called the Spanish Federation of Blood Donors and I wrote to them. Their reply came back within 24 hours. It said "Unfortunately Royal Decree 1088/2005 of 16 September, establishes, for all Spain, an exclusion on donations from persons who resided within the UK for more than 12 months at any time in the period 1980-1996."

The King had a reputation, when he was a bit younger, for mixing with the common folk, giving lifts to hitch hikers on his motorbike, having a coffee in his local bar etc. The next time I bump into him I'm going to have a few words about the way he's picking on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment