Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Elections and Information

I'm quite excited by all the electioneering that's going on around me for the local and municipal elections on 27 May. Nonetheless, for one reason or another, I've only got to one public meeting so far.

On Saturday, a friend told me he'd heard the present Mayor was going to hold a meeting, with an English translator, sometime this week.

Whether I agree with this chaps politics or not I was impressed by the initiative and the idea. I thought it would be good to go. To support the idea, to show "we" are interested etc. The problem is finding out where and when it is. No posters, no information in the Town Hall, the Party's office is locked fast (four weeks before polling day!), their phone goes unanswered and they haven't answered my email.

No comments:

Post a Comment