Monday, August 20, 2007

Beyond belief

Back in May I got myself a Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Unión, the piece of paper to prove you are resident in Spain; Maggie tried to do the same thing a few days later but was thwarted at every turn. Today, finally, we got around to having another go.

The usual drill for getting paperwork at the Police Station in Elda is to turn up around 7.30am, get yourself a ticket, just like Sainsbury's deli counter, and then hang about till your number is called. Today we were late but we thought we might as well give it a go, it is August after all and everything is dead quiet. There was a huge queue. We stood there looking lost but I pushed in front of everyone to ask if it were worth waiting. As I dithered a woman at a desk said "Any foreigners waiting?", I said we were, I went and got Maggie, she handed over her paperwork and within 3 minutes we had the certificate.

Believe me this is a remarkable thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment