Friday, September 28, 2007

Political ambitions

I went to drop off my bottles and containers in the recycling bins in the village last Saturday and I spotted a notice outside the village hall. It announced that anyone who wanted to stand for the position of Village Mayor should get their nomination in by today.

There were details about who could vote, who could stand etc. but nothing about the actual process. I sent an email to secretary of the Neighbourhood Association, Inma Guerero, asking her whether and how I could vote. She replied. I'm looking forward to being one of the sixty or so people entitled to vote on 28 October.

Then today there was a second email to me, just for information, to say that she'd put herself forward for Mayor. This could be a bit of a blow to Antonio who, I think, has held the position for the last 18 years.

I'm waiting for election fever to grip the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment