Friday, September 14, 2007

RENFE

My old pal Samagita (her Buddhist name) has been staying with me for the last few days. She travelled from the UK to Alicante by train and she was full of praise for the RENFE (Spanish State Railway) website and service.

Last week I booked a couple of tickets for my employers to travel to Madrid, by train, to go to a trade show there. I phoned a central booking number, they gave me a reference for the tickets. My boss collected the tickets from our nearest train station. Again it seemed like a good system.

This morning though I got a message from them to say that the tickets had been booked for the wrong dates. Saturday out, Sunday back rather than Friday out and Saturday back. I am absolutely certain that the booking was made correctly and that when the operator read the details back to me they were correct too. But I'll obviously be in the doghouse with them for having got the bookings wrong. They had to travel in the buffet car!

No comments:

Post a Comment