Monday, October 29, 2007

The World's only invisible car

Sitting in the car, in the centre of the road, signalling left to turn across traffic. I waited as three cars passed by on the other side of the road. I'd been there at least twenty seconds when a Peugeot 307 slaps into the back of me.

Damage to people none. Damage to the MG: broken lamp cluster and a metal retaining strip hanging loose. Damage to Peugeot: radiator holed on engine block, destroyed bumper, destroyed wing and headlamp cluster, destroyed bonnet, destroyed door and crumpled rear wing. When it comes to low speed collisions big steel bumpers are definitely tougher than crumple zone modern cars. Mind you I suppose the reason neither of us were hurt is because the Peugeot was designed to fold up and absorb the impact.

Poor old car though. It makes my heart bleed to see the state it's reduced to.

And now the ridiculous chase around with insurance companies even though it's probably not worth my while making any sort of claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment