Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Getting the gas checked

There's not a lot of piped gas in Culebrón so we use butane gas bottles collected from one of the local depots.

Each year there are lots of stories in the news about blocks of flats torn apart by gas explosions. I'm pretty sure that most of the explosions result from people trying to jury rig some sort of connection between the gas cylinder and a dodgy appliance but I'm not that keen on being ripped apart by fragments of exploding gas cylinder so I thought I'd arrange a safety check. Actually I'm supposed to do it every two or three years (I forget which) as a legal requirement. And, of course, insurance won't pay out if a butane cylinder rips a hole in the wall without an official document to say that a qualified technician has confirmed that the jubilee clips on the rubber hoses are good and tight.

So I popped along to our local supplier a couple of Saturday's ago to arrange the check. I went back last Friday to remind them. Not a sign to date.


No comments:

Post a Comment