Blogs in this series

Life in Culebrón is a very British view of life in a small village in Alicante province, my experience of Spain, of Spaniards and sometimes of the other Britons who live nearby. The tabs beneath the header photo link to other blogs written whilst I was living in other parts of Spain, to my articles written for the now defunct TIM magazine and to my most recent photo albums.

Friday, November 09, 2007

They come over here stealing our jobs and sponging off the state

When we lived in Santa Pola we met a chap called Masis, an Armenian, who had come to Spain illegally. He had paid someone for a dodgy ticket to Paris as a route into Spain and he was working long hours for pathetic pay with no protections. Eventually, because of a political amnesty on illegal immigrants Masis was able to get his paperwork sorted out.

Masis rang this morning to say that I had missed the grand opening of his new restaurant on the seafront at Santa Pola when I was over visiting Maggie last weekend.

I hope he makes a fortune.

No comments: