Thursday, January 24, 2008

On being lost - again

A pal asked me if I could help him with his mobile phone. He couldn't retrieve the messages because it spoke to him in Spanish and he couldn't understand it.

A couple of pals asked me if I could go with them to the consumer's office so they could complain about not being able to get their faulty new pool repaired. One of the problems for the chap in the consumer's office was that the contract was written in English so it had no legal validity here. They'd preferred the English language contract because they could understand it.

I often worry about the limits of my Spanish and think it must be really hard work for those who have even less language than me but, then again, maybe they watch Sky telly and read the Daily Mail and don't bump into Spain too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment