Blogs in this series

Life in Culebrón is a very British view of life in a small village in Alicante province, my experience of Spain, of Spaniards and sometimes of the other Britons who live nearby. The tabs beneath the header photo link to other blogs written whilst I was living in other parts of Spain, to my articles written for the now defunct TIM magazine and to my most recent photo albums.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Traitor

It all happened in a whirl. There was no time to say goodbye; no last, long, lingering look. The MG is sold to a chap called Manuel. I just hope he looks after it properly.

We met as arranged , I drove the car to his house, we collected the paperwork and went to an Asesor who made out an official contract of sale. There was a bit of a hiccough in that the road tax for this year isn't paid as I haven't had the bill yet but that aside it's a done deal. I'll take the paperwork to the office tomorrow.

It has been a sad process saying goodbye. I felt quite bereft as I emptied the detritus of the years from the car yesterday. But I can't pretend to be a fit steward if you compare the picture of the car that arrived in Spain with the one I sold today.

No comments: