Blogs in this series

Life in Culebrón is a very British view of life in a small village in Alicante province, my experience of Spain, of Spaniards and sometimes of the other Britons who live nearby. The tabs beneath the header photo link to other blogs written whilst I was living in other parts of Spain, to my articles written for the now defunct TIM magazine and to my most recent photo albums.

Monday, May 05, 2008

The thing you pour tea from, with a bent nose; you know!!

I swear I'm getting like that. This morning I parked in a street I don't usually park in. The "No Parking" signs said Mes Par, Mes Impar. After some time, and parking on both sides of the road, I decided that May, being the 5th month was Impar so I parked. Only when I got the ticket did I realise that the sign was a prohibition. My logic was completely wrong about what the signs were telling me about where I could and couldn't park.

The only bright spot in this dismal situation is that the ticket was issued by my pal on the local police force. He didn't know I had a new car. He is going to see if he can "fix" the ticket.

No comments: