Thursday, July 10, 2008

Agenda 21

When I left Huntingdon, a little under four years ago, Agenda 21, the initiatives around sustainable development, were well under way.

Tonight, in Pinoso, the process started - or at least the bit of it that has anything to do with participation from the citizenry of the town got under way.

It was a straightforward enough process. It was a public meeting. At 9pm, the advertised start time, there were six of us there. The hosting councillor and the mayor turned up at around 9.10pm. by 9.30pm we were maybe 50 strong and we started. I thought I was in trouble when the welcome was in Valenciano (the local language) but fortunately the main presentation and Power Point display was in Castillian ("Spanish"). We were all invited to get involved in small scale round table groups. I put my name down but I made it clear that I may have a bit of a problem with the language!!

No comments:

Post a Comment