Blogs in this series

Life in Culebrón is a very British view of life in a small village in Alicante province, my experience of Spain, of Spaniards and sometimes of the other Britons who live nearby. The tabs beneath the header photo link to other blogs written whilst I was living in other parts of Spain, to my articles written for the now defunct TIM magazine and to my most recent photo albums.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Step 2: The Town Hall

Yesterday morning Maggie and I took the architect's plan to the Town Hall. They have to give us the go-ahead for rebuilding the roof.

There is a little saying amongst the expats here; just one more piece of paper. And that's exactly what we needed. They wanted us to provide a Nota Simple, a document that shows that the house is free of all debt. I had to go back with it but, so far as we can tell, it's now just a wait for the Town Hall to send us the letter to say we can start. I have no idea what we could do if they were to turn us down

No comments: