Monday, September 29, 2008

Relief

I have been packing, ready to go and join Maggie. One of my jobs was to speak to the neighbour. The one with a hole in his wall of our making, the one who went to the Town Hall to try to get the work stopped, the one threatening legal action, the one we've been avoiding for weeks.

"I need to speak to you about this hole in your wall"
"Oh, that's sorted, I had some blokes come and fix it a couple of weeks ago, I had them repair another small hole at the same time, I hope you don't mind"
"You mean it's all done, there's nothing else to be said and we're pals again?"
"We never stopped being pals and yes, everything's back as it should be - the bill's about 170€"

So after all that worry it just went away in about three minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment