Monday, October 27, 2008

Harold

There's an earlier post on Life in Ciudad Rodrigo about the disappearance of Harold the cat.

Harold looks a lot like Eduardo our other cat. Well he's ginger and cat shaped. I was outside the house in Culebrón one evening, having a smoke when he popped his head around the corner. I presumed he was Eddie and I couldn't understand why he was so nervous. Only when I found Eddie fast asleep on the couch inside the house did I realise that we had a different cat checking us out. It took a long time before Harold abandoned his home near the bins to come inside where it was warmer, drier and with three squares a day. He became part of the household and he travelled with me when I moved to Ciudad Rodrigo but he didn't settle in the flat. Like the Norwegian Blue (beautiful plumage) he pined for the fjiords. He got away pretty quickly.

In the earlier post he's declared missing in action rather than lost and I'm still prowling the streets around midnight and at 6.30am in the hope that he'll show up. But it's now five days since the last sighting and I'm beginning to lose hope; I think he's back around a bin somewhere.

I may well have given up and stuck to my bed in the morning but for the fact that Eduardo has now taken to coming out on the search with me. We stroll the streets together looking for our lost charge/pal.

I just hope that Eduardo continues to trot around and keep close. I'd hate to lose him too. Mind you he's spending most of the night charging around the flat, scratching at doors and generally making as much noise as possible. Cats and flats may rhyme but I don't think they go well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment