Monday, April 13, 2009

Off road

I was driving over to Sax to pick Maggie up from the haircutter. I was listening to the 24 hour news station on the radio and there was an item on about what to do, in a first aid sense, if you were early on the scene of a road traffic accident. It's the start of the Easter holiday weekend exodus today, hence the preoccupation with traffic accidents. As I listened there was a puff of smoke from the offside rear tyre of the lorry in front of me and the vehicle slid off the road and stopped against the Armco. I pulled up and went to check that the lorry driver was OK. He was quite dismissive but I might have been too if I'd just stuffed my lorry into a ditch and got it stuck in the dirt with the cab mangled against the barrier. I'm sure he felt a bit stupid. I was happy that I didn't have to remember any First Aid.

Written on Wednesday 8 April 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment