Blogs in this series

Life in Culebrón is a very British view of life in a small village in Alicante province, my experience of Spain, of Spaniards and sometimes of the other Britons who live nearby. The tabs beneath the header photo link to other blogs written whilst I was living in other parts of Spain, to my articles written for the now defunct TIM magazine and to my most recent photo albums.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Off road

I was driving over to Sax to pick Maggie up from the haircutter. I was listening to the 24 hour news station on the radio and there was an item on about what to do, in a first aid sense, if you were early on the scene of a road traffic accident. It's the start of the Easter holiday weekend exodus today, hence the preoccupation with traffic accidents. As I listened there was a puff of smoke from the offside rear tyre of the lorry in front of me and the vehicle slid off the road and stopped against the Armco. I pulled up and went to check that the lorry driver was OK. He was quite dismissive but I might have been too if I'd just stuffed my lorry into a ditch and got it stuck in the dirt with the cab mangled against the barrier. I'm sure he felt a bit stupid. I was happy that I didn't have to remember any First Aid.

Written on Wednesday 8 April 2009

No comments: