Wednesday, June 03, 2015

May weather

Only a little while ago one of the chief weather forecasters from the state TV broadcaster came to Pinoso to celebrate the 25 years of weather data collection in the town. She was here to praise the efforts of a local chap called Agapito Gonzálvez better known as Cápito. Because of him Pinoso, which is no more than a village really, has a weather station that provides data for the Spanish equivalent of the Met Office - AEMET or Agencia Estatal de Meteorología.

Each month the Town Hall publishes Cápito's summary of the previous month's weather. Here is my summary of his summary.

In May we got eighteen days of sunny and cloudless skies and another twelve with sunny spells  - that leaves just one sunless and cloudy day. The highest temperature, of 38ºC, was recorded on the 14th of May - that was one of the seven days when the temperature got above 30ºC. The lowest temperature was 5ºC on the 23rd May which was one of the five days when temperatures dropped below 7ºC. The mean maximum across the month was 27ºC and the mean minimum was 11ªC. We got 10 litres of rain per square metre for the whole month but 7 litres of that fell on the 7th. Rain fell on just three days across the month.

I agree, it's desparate isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris

    I stop by and have a read of your blog every few weeks and I always find it interesting, even when you suggest you have nothing to write about. I have never commented before and wonder how many other people enjoy your musings, but don't leave a remark.

    I had never considered why I could always find a weather report for Pinoso when many other towns go without one. Now, thanks to you, I know. Keep up the great work, it is appreciated.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say thank you. It must be the surprise of getting a comment that isn't a spammer. I'm glad you like it and it's nice to know that someone other than my mum reads the blog.

    ReplyDelete