Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gardening

It's the weekend so, of course, we've been gardening. I washed the car too. You see the excitement, the manifold differences, of living away from one's homeland is almost boundless.

It did cross my mind, as I grovelled on my hands and knees, following the lines of the irrigation pipes to check for leaks and to unblock the little outlets, that it wouldn't be the same sort of gardening as that going on in Harrogate or Dunstable.

Prior to ackling up the irrigation system I'd been up a step ladder sawing fronds from the palm tree because they'd got so low that they were scraping the rooves of the cars as we manoeuvred around the patio.

Maggie has painted the interior of the irrigation tank with that bright turquoise coloured paint to make it look like a pool and I'd been knocking down the weeds that were waist height again. It happens in Spring, the seeds of those naughty little weeds wait in the ground for the rain and warmer days and grow quicker than our gardener seems able to knock them down.

Exciting no but Spanish yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment