Blogs in this series

Life in Culebrón is a very British view of life in a small village in Alicante province, my experience of Spain, of Spaniards and sometimes of the other Britons who live nearby. The tabs beneath the header photo link to other blogs written whilst I was living in other parts of Spain, to my articles written for the now defunct TIM magazine and to my most recent photo albums.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Spam


When I lived in the UK I ate a lot of Spam. I thought it was tasty and it didn't take long to open the can and cut out a chunk to eat with a knife. Easy too to add sauces to the hollow left after the first chunk had been removed to give an infinite range of tastes. There doesn't seem to be a lot of Spam available in Spain. Fortunately the local Consum supermarket was doing a promotion on Mortadela. I'd never heard of it but it turns out to be like a spicy, garlic version of Spam without the large lumps of fat. It is yummy. It may be better than Spam.

No comments: