Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Repurpose, reuse and recycle

I have been trying to think of something to blog about for days. 

I wondered about having a go at Spanish politicians and their inability to agree about anything, ever. It drives me to distraction but it's something to do over a stiff drink, in company, rather than in dodgy prose.

I could have done something on Brexit but my thoughts on islanders lusting for a lost Empire may not have meshed with everyone's so why antagonise people over lost arguments? 

Covid is something we all share. I wondered about tales of border crossings and the differences between Tier 4 in the UK and the situation here. Boring as porridge. Actually, because you may be vaguely interested, apart from the obvious lack of cultural and economic activity our Valencian Community has done remarkably well. There may be curfews and trampling of individual rights but, on a day to day basis the people who still have jobs to go to have been going to them and although the shops, bars, restaurants, cinemas and theatres are well strange places, full of people wearing masks and bathing in hand gel, they are still open. 

Old blog standbys such as language, the cinema and my radio listening have all had recent outings. 

I was left contemplating the void.

Christmas is far from over here though. We're still in holiday mood. The problem is that the things that make up Christmas like concerts, shows, parades, the Royal Pages in the streets etc have virtually all been cancelled (that's a pun!) so there have been no little incidents to use as the stuff of a blog. Being attacked by a flock of geese in the Christmas parade, watching the egg and flour fight in Ibi, seeing the Devil in Caravaca or even the Pinoso Christmas theatre may have given me room to weave an amusing little anecdote but sitting at home with a bottle of scotch and a microwave chicken lasagne doesn't. Even eating a typical Norwegian Christmas Eve meal surrounded by toy Santas and excited dogs isn't the stuff I set out to write about. 

It was worse. When I had a quick scan back through past entries I have done the lottery, prawns, turrón and red underwear so often that I simply couldn't do it again. So I decided to do what the BBC does. 

Repeats it is. Just click the links below.

And some lemons for the prawns

Seasonal Snippets

Rather Reassuring

The Goose is Getting Fat

Jingle Bells

Drawing to a close


Christmas begins

Fat Chance

They think it's all over


Underwear, grapes and bubbly

No comments:

Post a Comment